Parents & Students,
Information regarding our home band camp this year is now located in the banner menu above. All forms & packets can be downloaded and printed. Additionally, the school board approved "Return to Instruction" plan for the Wilmington Greyhound Band can also be found in the drop down menus listed above.
For questions regarding any of this information please contact Mr. Jonathan Nickel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-656-8866 ext. 1059
Attached is the information for the upcoming 2019-2020 Marching Band Season!
Click to download the following documents:
2019-2020 Band Camp Packet - Forms due July 8 / Camp payments due July 19 (checks to WABB)
QUICK Parent & Student Reminders:
*Band Camp forms & copy of student medical insurance cards are DUE ASAP!
*Gatorade Mix & Sunscreen Donation request needed!
*Band Camp Payments Due by July 19 (checks made payable to WABB, Inc.)
*Mandatory Band Camp Parent & Student meeting - Tues. July 23 @ 5:30 - 6:15 (auditorium)
*Dickies Brand Khaki shorts must be ordered prior to camp by parents (ordering instructions & info attached)
Upcoming July & August Band Events:
1. June FULL Band Rehearsal Schedule (no band front):
*Wed. June 26 - 6:30pm - 9:00pm
2. July FULL Band Rehearsals (no band front): - 6:30pm - 9:00pm
*Tuesday, July 2 then...
*Tuesday & Thursday evenings July 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25
3. July Sectional practices:
*Morning Music Sectionals:
*Mondays/Wednesdays starting on July 8 (9:30am-11:00)–Flutes, Clar., Sax, Horn
*Tuesdays/Thursdays starting on July 9: (9:30am-11:00) –Trumpets, Trombones, Tenor Sax, Tuba
*Tuesdays/Thursdays starting on July 9: (1:30pm – 3:30) – Drum Line Percussion
4. Marching Practices for 1st yr & Squad Leaders, Section leaders, Drum Majors, & Band Front Captains & silk rookies
*REQUIRED: squad/section leaders, captains/drum majors & 1st yr students both band & band front
*Monday, July 22 - 6:30-8pm on the field
*Wednesday, July 24 - 6:30-8pm on the field
Tennis Shoes/Sneakers REQUIRED!
*(No instruments needed)
3. *IMPORTANT* - Band Camp Parent/Student Meeting:
*Tuesday, July 23
*5:30-6:30 in the HS auditorium
*At least one family member must attend
*Spring 2020 Band Trip information will also be discussed!
*Chaperone meeting to follow afterward the main mtg.
4. Band Camp Departure:
*Sunday, July 28
*Band Room opens: 10:00am
*Luggage checks: 11:00-12:00
*Buses depart: 12:45
*Students will need to eat lunch PRIOR to arriving at school!!!
5. Mid-Week Parent Visitation to Wesley Woods:
*Wednesday, July 31
*Parents may visit and watch the evening field rehearsal
*Earliest permitted arrival: 6:45
*Parents must stay at the field until after the rehearsal.
6. Meet the Band Night Parent Show:
*Friday, August 2 @ 7:00pm
*Location: Wilmington Area HS Stadium
*students are dismissed following the show
7. Band Camp 2 Mandatory practices at WAHS stadium
*Tuesday, August 6, 13, & 20
*6:30pm - 9:00pm (marching rehearsals outside)
8. Kennywood Fall Parade Day Trip (mandatory performance)
*Wednesday, August 7
*Report time to WAHS is 9:30am
*Summer uniform attire
*Parade @ 7:00pm
*Return to HS at 10:00pm
*Students need money for meals
9. Lawrence County Fair Performance
*Wednesday, August 14
*Report time to WAHS is 4:00pm
*Summer uniform attire
*More info to come
10. 1st Home FB Game vs. Sharon HS
*Friday, August 23
*Field rehearsal 5:00
*Uniform inspection 6:15
*Pre-game begins at 6:50
***We are currently looking for 6-8 chaperones for the Kennywood day trip on Wed. Aug. 7. Please contact Mr. Nickel @ email@example.com if interested.
Other Important Dates/Events:
1. August 6 @ 6:30-9pm: Mandatory Band Practice (Band & Band Front)
2. August 7 - Kennywood Day Trip/Parade (Arrive at WAHS by 8:30am)
*Chaperones will need to purchase Park Passes in advance
*Band members receive free park passes
*Discounted tickets sold at GNC credit union and Giant Eagle
3. August 13 @ 6:30-9pm: Mandatory Band Practices (Band & Band Front)
4. August 14 - Lawrence County Fair Performance (Arrive at HS by 4:00)
5. August 20 - @ 6:30-9pm: Mandatory Band Practices (Band & Band Front)
6. August 24 - 1st Home Football Game vs, Sharon H.S.