Attached is the information for the upcoming 2019-2020 Marching Band Season!
Click to download the following documents:
2019-2020 Band Camp Packet - Forms due July 8 / Camp payments due July 19 (checks to WABB)
QUICK Parent & Student Reminders:
*Band Camp forms & copy of student medical insurance cards are DUE ASAP!
*Gatorade Mix & Sunscreen Donation request needed!
*Band Camp Payments Due by July 19 (checks made payable to WABB, Inc.)
*Mandatory Band Camp Parent & Student meeting - Tues. July 23 @ 5:30 - 6:15 (auditorium)
*Dickies Brand Khaki shorts must be ordered prior to camp by parents (ordering instructions & info attached)
Upcoming July & August Band Events:
1. June FULL Band Rehearsal Schedule (no band front):
*Wed. June 26 - 6:30pm - 9:00pm
2. July FULL Band Rehearsals (no band front): - 6:30pm - 9:00pm
*Tuesday, July 2 then...
*Tuesday & Thursday evenings July 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25
3. July Sectional practices:
*Morning Music Sectionals:
*Mondays/Wednesdays starting on July 8 (9:30am-11:00)–Flutes, Clar., Sax, Horn
*Tuesdays/Thursdays starting on July 9: (9:30am-11:00) –Trumpets, Trombones, Tenor Sax, Tuba
*Tuesdays/Thursdays starting on July 9: (1:30pm – 3:30) – Drum Line Percussion
4. Marching Practices for 1st yr & Squad Leaders, Section leaders, Drum Majors, & Band Front Captains & silk rookies
*REQUIRED: squad/section leaders, captains/drum majors & 1st yr students both band & band front
*Monday, July 22 - 6:30-8pm on the field
*Wednesday, July 24 - 6:30-8pm on the field
Tennis Shoes/Sneakers REQUIRED!
*(No instruments needed)
3. *IMPORTANT* - Band Camp Parent/Student Meeting:
*Tuesday, July 23
*5:30-6:30 in the HS auditorium
*At least one family member must attend
*Spring 2020 Band Trip information will also be discussed!
*Chaperone meeting to follow afterward the main mtg.
4. Band Camp Departure:
*Sunday, July 28
*Band Room opens: 10:00am
*Luggage checks: 11:00-12:00
*Buses depart: 12:45
*Students will need to eat lunch PRIOR to arriving at school!!!
5. Mid-Week Parent Visitation to Wesley Woods:
*Wednesday, July 31
*Parents may visit and watch the evening field rehearsal
*Earliest permitted arrival: 6:45
*Parents must stay at the field until after the rehearsal.
6. Meet the Band Night Parent Show:
*Friday, August 2 @ 7:00pm
*Location: Wilmington Area HS Stadium
*students are dismissed following the show
7. Band Camp 2 Mandatory practices at WAHS stadium
*Tuesday, August 6, 13, & 20
*6:30pm - 9:00pm (marching rehearsals outside)
8. Kennywood Fall Parade Day Trip (mandatory performance)
*Wednesday, August 7
*Report time to WAHS is 9:30am
*Summer uniform attire
*Parade @ 7:00pm
*Return to HS at 10:00pm
*Students need money for meals
9. Lawrence County Fair Performance
*Wednesday, August 14
*Report time to WAHS is 4:00pm
*Summer uniform attire
*More info to come
10. 1st Home FB Game vs. Sharon HS
*Friday, August 23
*Field rehearsal 5:00
*Uniform inspection 6:15
*Pre-game begins at 6:50
***We are currently looking for 6-8 chaperones for the Kennywood day trip on Wed. Aug. 7. Please contact Mr. Nickel @ firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Other Important Dates/Events:
1. August 6 @ 6:30-9pm: Mandatory Band Practice (Band & Band Front)
2. August 7 - Kennywood Day Trip/Parade (Arrive at WAHS by 8:30am)
*Chaperones will need to purchase Park Passes in advance
*Band members receive free park passes
*Discounted tickets sold at GNC credit union and Giant Eagle
3. August 13 @ 6:30-9pm: Mandatory Band Practices (Band & Band Front)
4. August 14 - Lawrence County Fair Performance (Arrive at HS by 4:00)
5. August 20 - @ 6:30-9pm: Mandatory Band Practices (Band & Band Front)
6. August 24 - 1st Home Football Game vs, Sharon H.S.