- Application form is available HERE and must be submitted to the band director by January 31, 2014
- The applicant must meet all criteria to be considered eligible for the scholarship. (See next page) .
- The application will include written responses to three (3) of five (5) questions regarding the student’s experience with the band.
- The committee, consisting of the band staff and the chairperson for the booster scholarship committee, will review the criteria and written responses from the candidates and select the scholarship recipient.
- The name of the recipient will be announced at the annual Band Banquet.
- The scholarship check will be presented to the recipient in one amount at the Senior Recognition Ceremony in June.
- Separate typed cover page with name, instrument, and if known the college or technical school that you will be attending
- Application must be printed in ink, typed, or computer generated
- Applicant must provide responses to any 3 of these 5 questions on a separate sheet of paper. The responses should be in paragraph form and completely express your thoughts on the topic.
1. What has it meant to you to participate in the band? 2. What life lessons have you learned during your time with the band that you will carry with you into the future? 3. What has been the biggest challenge you have faced during your time with the band and how have you grown from it? 4. How have you demonstrated PRIDE (Proud, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Enthusiasm) during your time in the band? 5. Have you ever been called a "band geek" and what steps have you taken to show your pride in band and overcome the term?2. Applicant must be in good standing with the band, as determined by the band director. 3. Application must be completed and submitted to the band director by the given due date or it will be denied.